DB
Posted By
Dan_Blackburn
Mar 11, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
All of my prints with the new Epson Pro 3800 are coming out waaay too dark, especially the skies. I am using CS2 and Lightroom and the CS3 Beta. I let Photoshop manage the color and turn off color management in the printer. I do not have this problem with my other printers — Epson, Canon or HP. The monitor is correctly calibrated. If I let the printer manage the color it loses vibrancy and contrast and also is too dark and more purplish. Suggestions seriously needed and welcome.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

T
Talker
Mar 14, 2007
On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 17:58:04 -0800,
wrote:

All of my prints with the new Epson Pro 3800 are coming out waaay too dark, especially the skies. I am using CS2 and Lightroom and the CS3 Beta. I let Photoshop manage the color and turn off color management in the printer. I do not have this problem with my other printers — Epson, Canon or HP. The monitor is correctly calibrated. If I let the printer manage the color it loses vibrancy and contrast and also is too dark and more purplish. Suggestions seriously needed and welcome.

Did you calibrate you printer? If not, there are many outfits that will give you a profile for your printer. I use Cathy’s Profiles ( http://www.cathysprofiles.com/ ) She seems to have one of the lowest prices around, and her profiles seem to do the trick. I am not associated with her in any way, I have just used her profiles with good success.
A problem like you describe is usually corrected with the correct profile.

Talker

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections