BH
Posted By
Barbara_Hughes
Feb 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a Mac G4 and bought Elements when it was using OS 9 now I use 10.1 and Elements won’t let me print and do other stuff. do I have to buy a new program or is there an upgrade/?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BH
Beth_Haney
Feb 20, 2004
Which version of Elements are you using Barbara? PSE 1 worked on OS 9 only, whereas PSE 2 should work equally well on either OS 9 or any flavor of OS X. If you have version 2, you’ll get a large yellow sunflower on the start up screen.

There is no upgrade like in some software. PSE 2 is fully functional on its own, so if you need to buy it, look for a good buy through Amazon, Staples, etc. But don’t get it in a bundle with Photoshop Album, because that’s a Win only program.

Which reminds me Adobe! (Are you listening!) I’m seeing now that it’s getting hard to find a decent price on Elements only, whereas the bundle keeps coming down in price. That’s discriminatory against Mac users!!! 🙂 Shame!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections