S
Posted By
Someone
Aug 15, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Getting a new PC with Vista. Does any one know if PE4 can work with Vista? If so any problems recommendations etc?

Also can I move my tags etc to the new PC. Would save a lot of time doing them over

Thanks

Bill

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CJ
CE Jones
Aug 19, 2007
On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 09:38:07 -0400, William wrote:

Getting a new PC with Vista. Does any one know if PE4 can work with Vista? If so any problems recommendations etc?

Also can I move my tags etc to the new PC. Would save a lot of time doing them over

Thanks

Bill

Works fine on my Vista computer. I can’t remember right off the bat how to copy files over along with tags though. I’ve done it accidently before when moving or copying photos from one computer with PSE to another with PSE. It asked me if I wanted to copy the tags.

CE
B
Bill
Aug 19, 2007
"CE Jones" wrote in message
On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 09:38:07 -0400, William wrote:

Getting a new PC with Vista. Does any one know if PE4 can work with Vista?
If so any problems recommendations etc?

Thanks

Bill

Works fine on my Vista computer. I can’t remember right off the bat how to copy files over along with tags though. I’ve done it accidently before when
moving or copying photos from one computer with PSE to another with PSE. It
asked me if I wanted to copy the tags.

CE

Installed and so far everything works ok except on startup I get an incompatibility message. Once I click past that it seem to work. I get the message even in XP mode and as admin.

I will try and move my catalog file over to the new machine but I cant seem to find where PE4 kept in XP…

Thanks
Bill
D
DanR
Aug 19, 2007
"William" wrote in message

Thanks

Bill

Make sure you have this Vista update installed. Should have come automatically.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929427/en-us
B
Bill
Aug 20, 2007
"DanR" wrote in message

Thanks

Bill

Yes I have the update but it does not solve the compatibility error message when starting the program.

Thanks
Bill
D
DotCom
Aug 20, 2007
I am running PE4 and Vista Ultimate as well with no problems except for the pesky incompatibility message. I have the Vista update and still get the message. I have checked the box for the message to no longer display since I have had no problems running the program.

"Bill" wrote in message
"DanR" wrote in message

Thanks

Bill

Yes I have the update but it does not solve the compatibility error message when starting the program.

Thanks
Bill

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections