D
Posted By
deaton
Oct 3, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
We normally add comments and credits in the file info section of photoshop but I have one customer who does not have Photoshop and approached me today with a unique question/problem. A non PS user can right click on a jpg file and bring up the properties dialog box. 2 tabs come up General and Summary. If you click the summary tab there is a place to add comments which will always be visible in the properties box. If you try to do the same with a tif file the comments cannot be saved. Curious, no? I guess this is not really a Photoshop question, but I would really like to know why the comments cannot be saved for a tif file.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

TT
Toby_Thain
Oct 3, 2006
What you’re asking about is a feature of Windows Explorer. Try here <http://www.microsoft.com/windows/support/default.mspx>.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections