AH
Posted By
Adam_Hopkins
Sep 29, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi i’m Adam and I am new to photoshop as I ahve only just had it installed and would love to know how I can get my face from a digital photo onto another image eg. If i wanted to get my face onto a famous movie poster, and use my face instead of the main charater in that movie and making it look realistic, how would I go about doing this? At the moment I am just exploring Photoshop and would be grateful to anyone who answers this question. A basic tutorial would be fanatstic. Thanks a lot.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

HB
Heather Bell
Sep 29, 2006
Google "tutorials on Layers and Masking", these are the two basic tools you need to know how to use to begin this process.
P
Phosphor
Sep 29, 2006
Or if you’re in a hurry and/or feeling lazy, I’ve done a lot of the work for you. Have a look at the following thread, and explore the links therein:

Phosphor.Digital, "Advanced masking and isolation" #1, 27 Jan 2005 9:06 am </cgi-bin/webx?14/0>
AH
Adam_Hopkins
Sep 30, 2006
Thanks mate. Appreciate it.
AH
Adam_Hopkins
Sep 30, 2006
I really appreciate your help but I am just a beginner. How would I actually extract my face from the photo into photoshop and from there on what steps would I take. Sorry If I’m being awkward but I am pretty rubbish at photoshop and all I really want is a simple step by step guide, simple terminology is preferable too. Would I open the movie poster for example first in photoshop then extract my face from a photograph? I really don’t know

Thanks again and sorry
JJ
John Joslin
Sep 30, 2006
Did you read the links provided?

Open the picture with your face, and the picture where you want to paste it, in Photoshop.

Use one of the techniques described to isolate the face.

Drag it into the target picture, then position it and resize it.

You now have enough information to try it.

Note: You can’t expect to use Photoshop without reading the manual and the Help files!
B
Bernie
Sep 30, 2006
Note: You can’t expect to use Photoshop without reading the manual and the Help files!

That and experimentation!
Y
YrbkMgr
Sep 30, 2006
You can’t expect to use Photoshop without reading the manual

Well, the help files, but the manual? I’ve never read it. Reading a manual, for me, is right up there next to going to hell. No fun, no utility.

That said, to the OP – selections are among the most powerful features of photoshop. What you are trying to do isn’t easy, and there are at least three different ways to do anything in photoshop.

So, what you will have to do is what CN said. Experiment. How you do something in PS is driven by your familiarity with the tools, image composition, and intent of the image.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections