Posted By
Zoe
Jul 1, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Okay, I feel like such an idiot but-

I am in Photoshop 7 painting over a masked layer so that I can blend it with the previous layer. Things are going great. Then, I must have hit something with my hand because the brush just stopped painting. I have checked to make sure that I accidentally did not select anything and that was not the problem. I am pulling my hair out!!!! Please – any tips or advice would be great.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Z
Zoe
Jul 1, 2006
actually, I cannot paint in any layer! What have I done!
Z
Zoe
Jul 1, 2006
Ok I am figuring out that it is something to do with my color pallete. It is only showing gray scales. Obviously I am a novice- I don’t know what to do in this instance.
N
nomail
Jul 1, 2006
Zoe wrote:

Ok I am figuring out that it is something to do with my color pallete. It is only showing gray scales. Obviously I am a novice- I don’t know what to do in this instance.

If you are painting a mask, the color palette SHOULD show only gray scales. A mask cannot have any colors. You may have changed the opcacity of the brush to 0%.

Johan W. Elzenga johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.nl
Z
Zoe
Jul 2, 2006
Umm, yeah, I am a bit slow when I get frustrated. LOL! I did figure that out with the color, etc. However, my opacity is at 100% as well as my flow. I still don’t know what I did to stop the brush from painting.
Z
Zoe
Jul 2, 2006
Okay, I finally figured it out. It turns out that I had accidentally selected "shape dynamics" under the brush tip shape menu. Simple and obvious, yet I didn’t realize it. So, I learned a new thing today! Thanks!
BS
Bob Somethingorother
Jul 2, 2006
In article ,
"Zoe" wrote:

Okay, I finally figured it out. It turns out that I had accidentally selected "shape dynamics" under the brush tip shape menu. Simple and obvious, yet I didn’t realize it. So, I learned a new thing today! Thanks!

Great. Now maybe you can learn how to quote a few lines of the post you are responding to so the world can know what you are talking about.

If you are interested: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netiquette

* Quoting should be interspersed, with your response following the relevant quoted material. The result should read like a conversation, with quotes indented to aid in skimming. A common mistake is to put all new text above the quoted material, without trimming any irrelevant text. This results in a message that is much harder to follow and much less clear context. Remember that your audience uses kill-files, sites drop messages, mailbox quotas go over their limit, users might be dealing with thousands of pieces of correspondence a day and messages get delivered out of order: Assume nobody has read or remembers the message you’re responding to, and does not have the time to figure out what context your response is in for themselves.

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

Bob
in Carmel, CA

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections