Not able to access "Help" on my home xp computer. I have AOL.

RR
Posted By
Ruth_Rubin
Jun 24, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I try to click on Photoshop Elements Help, I get an error message: Cannot fild file..Make sure the path or internet address is correct. In addition, when I try to click on Support, I get the message: The fild may not be supported by AOL- and when I click on that I get the message: This file it too large to open using AOL. Can anyone help me with this? I would so appreciate it. (I tried chanbe compatibility option to Win98, no help).

Thanks,
Ruth

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jun 24, 2004
Ruth,

Try this thread … AOL can cause some problems with the help facility but I think that the link covers how to sort it out.

Beth Haney "No Help Files" 5/31/04 5:50am </cgi-bin/webx?13/0>

Wendy
RR
Ruth_Rubin
Jun 24, 2004
Thanks, Wendy, for your help. I looked at the link and I tried the suggestions I found there. But alas, they have not work. I saved Photoshop Elements in my second hardrive, and now I think the program may be confused about the two drives…I dont know what to think.

Any more ideas?

Ruth
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jun 24, 2004
Ruth,

I’m a Mac user so I’m afraid I can’t help … hopefully a windows user will be along soon.

Wendy
MM
Mac_McDougald
Jun 25, 2004
Open Internet Explorer

In Tools/Internet Options
(this can also be done in Control Panel/Internet Options)

Got to Programs tab.

Check "Internet Explorer should check to see if it is default browser".

Close IE if you did it from the program. Reopen. If IE is NOT the default will ask you if you want it to BE default. Choose yes.

See if Elements will open Help now, using IE.

M
RR
Ruth_Rubin
Jun 25, 2004
Mac,
I will give it a try. Thanks for resonding!

Ruth
RH
Ron Hunter
Jun 25, 2004
wrote:

When I try to click on Photoshop Elements Help, I get an error message: Cannot fild file..Make sure the path or internet address is correct. In addition, when I try to click on Support, I get the message: The fild may not be supported by AOL- and when I click on that I get the message: This file it too large to open using AOL. Can anyone help me with this? I would so appreciate it. (I tried chanbe compatibility option to Win98, no help).

Thanks,
Ruth

Well, the obvious answer is to get a real ISP and drop AOL, but I suspect you already KNOW that. Sigh.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections