P
Posted By
PeterRHJames
Feb 11, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I click Browse…………. or Window File Browser nothing happens so I am not able to select folders or files to browse. Any suggestions?
Thanks Peter James

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BG
Byron Gale
Feb 11, 2004
Peter,

Your File Browser may have sunk off the bottom of your screen — it happens to several of us.

You can do Window > Reset Palette Locations, which sets things back to out-of-the-box mode. That can be annoying if you (like me) have certain palettes docked to each other, out on your desktop.

The other thing you can do, which is what I do, is to RESTORE the PSE program window so that it takes up less than the whole screen. You may, then, find the tip-top of the file browser window lurking at the bottom of your screen. If so, drag it where you want it… otherwise, my initial suggestion will probably have to do.

HTH,

Byron
KR
Kim_Rickert
Feb 11, 2004
Peter:

Have you tried the old fashioned regular menus? File menu … Open … navigate to select folders and/or files.

That might work, but I would be curious why the other options aren’t.

Kim
P
PeterRHJames
Feb 11, 2004
Byron
Resetting the Palette Locations worked just fine
Thanks Peter

Kim
Problem solved
Thanks Peter
BG
Byron Gale
Feb 11, 2004
Peter,

This behavior (which I call "browser creep") can easily be demonstrated – at least on my machine.

I open PSE, and then open the File Browser, and position the Browser so that it is just under the menu/options bar. Then, close the Browser, and close PSE.

Open PSE, and open the Browser — it opens lower down the screen than where I left it. Unless I drag it northward, the next time I open PSE it will be another notch lower on the screen, and so on, until it is finally all but hidden, as was yours.

IMO, one of the few "warts" in the program.

Byron
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Feb 11, 2004
Byron, here’s what we Texans recommend to take care of those pesky warts:

http://www.texasescapes.com/DEPARTMENTS/Guest_Columnists/Eas t_Texas_all_things_historical/WartsRemoval3.htm

🙂

Chuck
BG
Byron Gale
Feb 11, 2004
Chuck,

With as many ways as there are to get rid of warts, I’m amazed that they’re not entirely extinct!

Next time my File Browser slips off the radar, I’ll try out one of the remedies — I haven’t made up my mind, though, whether to rub the screen with a potato, or smear it with brown soap and spit.

Byron
P
PeterRHJames
Feb 11, 2004
Byron
The browser creeps on my machine too. At least I’ll know where to look for it next Tuesday!!!! Thanks again
Peter

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections