BB
Posted By
Barbara_Brundage
Nov 27, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just noticed that in the Elements file browser info, on the mac all my photos show a creation date of 2/6/40 and in XP of 1/1/1980. The "modified" date is the actual date the photos were taken. BTW, on the mac it’s the same in both jaguar and panther.

It’s not that I don’t have the date set in the camera-if I look at the EXIF and the date stamp they are correct.

Has anyone else noticed this?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BB
Barbara_Brundage
Nov 27, 2003
This is interesting. In PS CS the "date created" metadata slot just disappears for photos, and in PE "date created" is correct for things like gifs and web graphics, so maybe the Elements browser just doesn’t recognize that info for photos?
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Nov 28, 2003
Barbara, under WinXP and Elements, the created dates appear to be correct in the sampling I’ve taken…

Chuck
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Nov 28, 2003
They aren’t in my XP, Chuck. I wonder why not.
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Nov 28, 2003
At least not for jpegs straight from the camera. After I convert to psd, the psd file has a new, correct creation date–but of course it’s not the same as the photo date.
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Nov 28, 2003
Barbara, upon further review, I found some problems with jpeg’s that I took last year. All the Date Created entries were 11/4/2002, while the Date Modified was the date the photos were actually taken. Not sure what I did on 11/4/2002, but there must have been some cataclysmic event…
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Nov 28, 2003
Thanks, Chuck, but it still seems that it works for you, at least most of the time, and not for me.

Anybody else out there with an s400 seeing this?
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Nov 28, 2003
Barbara, is the EXIF data correct in File>File Info? I suspect that Canon has a non-standard EXIF file that it delivers to Elements, and that there are holes in the input that Elements expects to see…
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Nov 28, 2003
Yes, Chuck, it’s fine. That’s what is so weird. Of course, rather than when it was created it has a slot for "time digitized" in the Info EXIF but that shows the right info.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections