M
Posted By
mroy
Aug 6, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
when launching the application on my windows nt system, i get an error message when it reaches the ‘sorting fonts’ portion of the launch. the error message reads;"could not initialize photoshop because there is not enough memory(ram)". funny thing is photoshop has been working fine on here for two months. i seem to have starting having problems since i added some new fonts.
system monitor indicates maximum of 20% of memory used.
any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CW
Colin Walls
Aug 6, 2003
Usual first port of call: try resetting prefs [see FAQ]. This sounds like the kind of problem that this procedure fixes.
DJ
dennis johnson
Aug 6, 2003
Start by moving the fonts you recently added out of the C:/WINNT/Fonts folder to some temp folder.

Restart Photoshop. If it loads properly, one of the fonts you recently installed is bad.

A good idea if you plan on having a large number of fonts on your machine is to install a font-management utility which will allow you to have subsets of your total font set active. This will improve Photoshop’s as well as overall system performance.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections