D
Posted By
dufusgoofus
Feb 9, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi. I hope someone can help me with a problem I am experiencing with Photoshop Elements 2.0. Please???

I can view and preview coloured images in Photoshop Elements 2.0. But when I send it to print, it turns out in greyscale!! I’ve checked the settings/mode and made sure that it’s RGB and not Greyscale. The printer has the latest print drivers and the computer the lastest updates. Any ideas or suggestions?

O/S: Win 2000
Printer: Lexmark C720 Color Laser

By the way, with any other application, the printer does print the colours.

Thanks in advance!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JR
John_R._Collins
Feb 9, 2004
Hi D,

From what you wrote, it seems clear that this is not a PE2 problem (if your pictures, etc. are in color on your screen).
Check the printer settings for options such as "use black ink only" and make sure this is not selected. Make sure that the color ink cartridge is not empty and that it is properly installed.
If everything on your screen in PE2 is in black and white then go to Image/mode and select RGB color.

John
D
dufusgoofus
Feb 10, 2004
Hi John. Thanks for you response. I checked the printer settings prior to posting and have checked it again. The settings are correct for printing in colour. If I were to print PowerPoint slides, they turn out in colour. It’s just printing from PE2. Viewing in PE2 is in colour as well. Any other suggstions?

Thanks.
BB
brent_bertram
Feb 10, 2004
Use the print preview, in Elements to set up your printing . Check the "Show more options" checkbox, select "Color Management" in the dropdown box, and select "Printer Color Management" in the Print Space" Profile.
In the Lexmark driver, select the paper options in the best mode, and see what happens.

🙂

Brent

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections