MC
Posted By
Margie_Coulson
Dec 4, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using Photoshop 7.0 & just lately whenever I try to print photos on my Epson Stylus 700 printer I get a pale greenish/beige overlay over the whole printable area (along with the photos). Have I accidentally changed my settings? I am at the end of my resources. I have tried resetting palette & tools.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BG
barry_gray
Dec 4, 2003
"absolute colormetric" in "rendering intent"?
MC
Margie_Coulson
Dec 4, 2003
I wish that I could understand your question, but I don’t.
BG
barry_gray
Dec 4, 2003
Or-you are trying to print with "source space"checked and set to a CMYK profile, i.e. SWOP coated.
JS
John_Slate
Dec 4, 2003
What about white areas? 255/255/255 or 0/0/0/0?
MC
Margie_Coulson
Dec 5, 2003
I pulled up the colour settings, they are at:
RGB 1EC61966-2.1
CMYK US Web Coated (SWOP) x2
Gray Gray Gamma 2.2
Spot Dot Grain 20%
D
DeerRaven
Dec 5, 2003
I’m having a similar problem especially when I scan a document/art. I get this tan overlay. It’s not CMYK; I’m working in RGB. Even when I set the background color to NONE I’m still having this problem.

Martha
MC
Margie_Coulson
Dec 5, 2003
Thanks, but that is not the problem.
MC
Margie_Coulson
Dec 5, 2003
Exactly. I have tried moving my work over to a new transparent background but it still prints the overlay.
BG
barry_gray
Dec 5, 2003
What is your "intent profile" set to? both printer dialog and PS color settings. How about "source profile"?
"Source space" doc. or proof?
D
DeerRaven
Dec 5, 2003
Gods, I’m glad I’m not the only one with this. I’ve a portfolio to turn in soon and I can’t use this kind of result.

Martha
BG
barry_gray
Dec 5, 2003
OK try this:
<http://www.gballard.net/nca.html#setupepsonprintutility> Your print dialog should look like ^^^^^
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 5, 2003
whenever I try to print photos on my Epson Stylus 700

isn’t that just an ink jet printer? generally you shouldn’t be printing cmyk to an ink jet. the printer converts rgb to cmyk internally. if that’s what you’re doing, try printing an image in rgb. if this is stupid advice, please disregard it! 🙂
MC
Margie_Coulson
Dec 5, 2003
MC
Margie_Coulson
Dec 5, 2003
Barry, Thank you for your help. You are getting me on the right track, but I do not know my program as well as you do (I have trouble finding the things you are talking about <g>). I tried choosing the settings shown in the pictures of the help page that you sent the link for & selecting my paper type, but I lost quality on my prints although the background colour disappeared. Could you just tell me what settings I should be at, or is that not as easy as it sounds to me?
BG
barry_gray
Dec 5, 2003
<http://www.computer-darkroom.com/ps7-colour/ps7_1.htm> < http://www.computer-darkroom.com/ps7_print/ps7_print_mac.htm>

Here’s some more from Ian Lyons.
Read through all of Gary Ballards site (the first link I gave you) and the 2 above-you should be well on your way to the perfect print.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections