N
Posted By
Nino
Jul 4, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just started with Photoshop CS, and also have Element2. I’m using a new Epson 1800 printer and just started experimenting with it. I’m running into a problem with Photoshop and print setting. Even thou I’m following all the directions, the image on the monitor is brilliant with good colors and saturation but when I go to print preview on the picture on the monitor is flat with poor details and colors. Any suggestion of what I’m doing wrong?

thanks

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

R
Roy
Jul 4, 2005
"Nino" wrote in message
I just started with Photoshop CS, and also have Element2. I’m using a new Epson 1800 printer and just started experimenting with it. I’m running into a problem with Photoshop and print setting. Even thou I’m following all the directions, the image on the monitor is brilliant with good colors and saturation but when I go to print preview on the picture on the monitor is flat with poor details and colors. Any suggestion of what I’m doing wrong?
thanks
Hi there.

If you are talking about the Preview, you see just before you click Print to actually print, that is always nothing like the actual print. It is only so that you can check that it is the right way up and the right size.

To see what the finished print will look like, go to View > Proof. You will need to set Proof up without an image open, and select the correct printer / paper profile.

Roy G
AA
Al and Donna Clark
Jul 13, 2005
"Roy" wrote in message
"Nino" wrote in message

thanks
Hi there.

If you are talking about the Preview, you see just before you click Print to actually print, that is always nothing like the actual print. It is only so that you can check that it is the right way up and the right size.
To see what the finished print will look like, go to View > Proof. You will need to set Proof up without an image open, and select the correct printer / paper profile.

Roy G

I don’t see a View > Proof in Elements. You must be talking about CS. How do you do this in Elements ?

al
R
Roy
Jul 13, 2005
"Al and Donna Clark" wrote in message
"Roy" wrote in message
"Nino" wrote in message

thanks
Hi there.

Roy G

I don’t see a View > Proof in Elements. You must be talking about CS. How do you do this in Elements ?

al

Sorry, I was thinking in P’shop.

That is what comes of not being quite as smart as I think I am.

You are right, there is no View > Proof in Elements.

Roy G

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections