BB
Posted By
Ben_Blake
Apr 22, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am printing on an Epson Stylus Pro 4800. I am using Photoshop CS2 (version 9.0.2)and have the Color Settings set at North American Prepress2 which was recommended for using ICC settings. I have the printer set to "No Color Adjustments" (i.e. let Photoshop control the color).

Each time I send an image to print, the printer is printing color calibration bars then ejecting the sheet. The image is printing on the second sheet. At $2.50 per sheet (fine art paper), I can’t afford to waste the paper. Does anyone know how to turn the color calibration bars off. I have already checked the Output Options in the print dialog box and the calibration box is unchecked.

Thanks

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Boskey
Apr 22, 2008
wrote in message
I am printing on an Epson Stylus Pro 4800. I am using Photoshop CS2 (version 9.0.2)and have the Color Settings set at North American Prepress2 which was recommended for using ICC settings. I have the printer set to "No Color Adjustments" (i.e. let Photoshop control the color).
Each time I send an image to print, the printer is printing color calibration bars then ejecting the sheet. The image is printing on the second sheet. At $2.50 per sheet (fine art paper), I can’t afford to waste the paper. Does anyone know how to turn the color calibration bars off. I have already checked the Output Options in the print dialog box and the calibration box is unchecked.

Thanks

In PS CS3, open an image, then print. This will bring up the print preview screen. In the upper rt-hand portion of this screen, change the setting from ‘color management’ to ‘output’. If the calibration bars printing marks is checked, then uncheck this item, click done, then see if this corrects the problem.
T
TLL
Apr 23, 2008
I’m not familiar with your printer and I’m on CS3 now (with it’s <still> BS print dialog) so I’m trying to remember. There should be a toggle for going from ‘Color Settings’ to ‘Output or Output Settings’ Click around in/on that and you should see options for stuff like printers marks – UNcheck everything. The printer may be spitting out two sheets to compensate for having to put those bars on the print border. This is all a guess, but no harm in trying.
Good Luck!
BB
Ben_Blake
Apr 23, 2008
Thanks for the response. Since I didn’t know if this was a Photoshop setting or a printer setting, I also emailed Epson. As it turns out it was a setting on the printer’s internal menu. The "Auto Nozzle Check" had been turned on which forces the printer to recalibrate the nozzle spray.

If anyone else runs into this problem, here is the fix:

1.) Press Menu twice, screen will display "Printer setup, Platen Gap"
2.) Press the up arrow four times, screen will display "Auto Nozzle Check"
3.) Press menu once, you should see "Auto Nozzle Check, *On"
4.) Press the down arrow once, you should see off
5.) Press the menu button once an asterisk should appear next to the word off
6.) Press pause to go back to ready, the auto nozzle check is now disabled.
Note: You may also turn off "Auto Cleaning".

Thanks

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections