Posted By
Kaethler
Jul 22, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi

am have CS3 and Epson 4800 everythign i print seems to green.i can not get the display image to print as seen in CS3 never had that problem in CS2 can you help?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

K
Kaethler
Jul 23, 2008
why can i not use photoshop as my color manager as i have before?
DM
dave_milbut
Jul 23, 2008
recalabrate?
BP
Booray_Perry
Jul 23, 2008
Hey, it’s Booray the original poster and I solved my problem. I bought a Spyder express and calibrated my monitor. Now my printer as well as my lab match my monitor. If there is one thing I learned from this experience it’s that you shouldn’t try to self-calibrate.
K
Kaethler
Jul 23, 2008
it seems like it is the greens that are out and everything prints darker
B
Buko
Jul 24, 2008
Have you calibrated your monitor with a hardware calibrator?
K
Kaethler
Jul 24, 2008
yes
B
Buko
Jul 24, 2008
Did you follow the link in Post 8?

Did you follow the instructions?

why can i not use photoshop as my color manager as i have before?

What do you mean by this comment? I believe this has something to do with your problem.
K
Kaethler
Jul 25, 2008
foolowed the link in post 8 but everything still come out darker then what i see on screen and that never happened with CS2 any other ideas? sujustions?

R
K
Kaethler
Jul 28, 2008
just to repeat. my photos come out darker and greener then on the display with CS3 i have gone through the above links and adjusted CS3 accordingly but my prints still come out darker and with more green then the display or the picture i took

do you have any more suggestions?

R
K
Kaethler
Jul 28, 2008
could uses some help
KB
Kerwin_Bartinson
Jul 28, 2008
Come in to this late. But, have you tried calibrating your monitor? Make sure you are using the proper profiles for your printer, ink and paper. Don’t expect to make a couple of adjustments and get perfect prints that match your screen. Doesn’t happen. Even with monitor calibration and all of the proper settings and profiles the color on the monitor isn’t quite what I get in print. It is close, something around 90% but there are some differences.
K
Kaethler
Jul 28, 2008
have calibrated my monitor and i am using the latest profiles for paper, printer and ink. I have the Epson 4800. it seems it is my greens that are the bigest problem at the moment anbd that the image / Photos print darker then the image on screen or thinking back to the photo i took.

I did not have this issue with CS2
KB
Kerwin_Bartinson
Jul 28, 2008
Well, good luck. I am lucky I have mine working as well as it does. That was an accident I am positive of that.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections