P
Posted By
PeteBen
Sep 19, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I try to rasterize anything on my PC in photoshop whether be it a .pdf, .ai, .eps ANYTHING I have to continuously drop the resolution just to get it to work. On my mac machines, during a RIP no matter how big the file, it will eventually rip, it just takes forever. But on the PC i get the error "Could not complete your request because of a program error" or "Could not complete your request because there is not enough memory (RAM)." after it takes the time to RIP the whole thing. Im talking the progress bar goes all the way to the end and i still get the error. I have to drop the resolution down to 150 even 100 dpi sometimes just to get it to RIP. Im running a pretty decent Dell with 3Ghz processor and 2GB of ram. I dont think its the computers inability to process the file. I’ve installed and uninstalled photoshop and gotten the same results. What gives?

I have deleted program cache and startup files and this does not seem to resolve. Any new ideas?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CN
Cybernetic Nomad
Sep 19, 2006
How much scratch disk do you have?
DM
Don_McCahill
Sep 19, 2006
Also, what are the dimensions of this file?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections