JG
Posted By
Johnny_Griswold
Jul 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
does anyone else have a problem with photoshop rasterizing your type when you save it and open it back up again?

if so, what was your solution to fix the problem?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JS
John_Slate
Jul 6, 2004
What format are you saving in?

and what version of Photoshop are you using?
R
Ram
Jul 6, 2004
Johny,

You really have to give us more hints.

LenHewitt "How to Ask Effective Questions" 5/21/04 1:30am </cgi-bin/webx?13>
R
Ram
Jul 6, 2004

[DELETED duplicate posting]
JG
Johnny_Griswold
Jul 6, 2004
sorry, my bad.

I’m on a Mac, using Photoshop 7.0. When I save my work, I save it as an unflattened .psd file
R
Ram
Jul 6, 2004
Not 7.0.1?
JG
Johnny_Griswold
Jul 6, 2004
no, it just says 7.0 when i look at "About Photoshop" under the Apple menu
JS
John_Slate
Jul 6, 2004
When saving the .psd are you checking "include vectors"?

Are you saying that the type layers are no longer editable type layers, but regular pixel layers?
R
Ram
Jul 6, 2004
Johnny,

The first thing you need to do, then, is apply the 7.0.1 upgrade. It’s essential, and it’s a free download.
JG
Johnny_Griswold
Jul 6, 2004
please excuse my ignorance, but i dont know where to check the "include vectors". i just made a quick document, saved it and looked for that option but none was there.

Yes, my problem is that i’ll type something and when i open it back up (not all the time, just about 60% of the time), my type is then not editable. the weird thing though is that it does not rasterize ALL the type. some other text layer is totally fine and editable and others aren’t after it’s opened back up
JS
John_Slate
Jul 6, 2004
Not that I disagree with that advice, but was there a know issue with 7.0 rasterizing type? or is this just a "let’s get our ducks in a row before we tackle the real problem" type of thing?
R
Ram
Jul 6, 2004
Update to 7.0.1 first. We can take it from there then.
R
Ram
Jul 6, 2004
Yes, there with issues with 7.0, therefore the 7.0.1 update.
JG
Johnny_Griswold
Jul 6, 2004
just went to the upgrade page and it mentions the problem about rasterizing type.

thank you for the help!

Johnny
JS
John_Slate
Jul 6, 2004
Ah, I see.

I may have the "include vectors" term wrong, sorry. I’m not at my work machine. I’m pretty sure there is an option like that in the save dialog, but maybe that is for a different format…

being intermittent, sounds like the upgrade is the trick
LG
Larry_Grohman
Jul 7, 2004
How do you know it is being rastered? Just because it looks a little fuzzy on screen in Photoshop doesn’t mean it has been rastered.

As a matter of fact, the only way to preserve vectors for printing out of Photoshop is to save them as PDF or EPS or print directly from Photoshop (postscript)

Try saving the file as a Photoshop PDF, and check your type.

Larry
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 7, 2004
<< Try saving the file as a Photoshop PDF >> making sure that you check both the "Include Vector Data" and "Embed Fonts" boxes while saving your PDFs.

Check your type in Acrobat: it will remain crisp at even 1600% magnification.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections