GA
Posted By
Gordon_Anderson
Mar 20, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Running Vista and CS3. I have downloaded a logo from a client that is a blue rectangle with reversed out type in the middle. The image is a JPEG but at full size looks fine displayed in Photoshop CS3 and is showing a ppi as a little over 300. And yet when I file>place the image into InDesign the type comes out completely pixelated to the point of not even being readable. I’ve tried saving it as a PSD and TIF but they all still show the same pixeled type. It seems like I’m missing something simple but I’m at a loss. Can anybody suggest what would cause this? Thanks for your help.

Gordon

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Buko
Mar 20, 2009
ID is showing a lowrez preview change the setting to hirez in ID. this may slow things down. Also 300ppi is pretty coarse for type unless its really big type. logos are usually made in illustrator so they remain vector.
JJ
Jim_Jordan
Mar 20, 2009
is a blue rectangle

….and as a JPG with probably no color management, expect a color shift when you print.

See if you can get the logo as a vector graphic with correctly defined color.
JW
John_Waller
Mar 20, 2009
Try View > Display Performance > High Quality Display.

Regards

John Waller
GA
Gordon_Anderson
Mar 20, 2009
Thanks for the suggestions.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections