GS
Posted By
garrett_smith
Aug 4, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am working on a file that has an outer and inner clipping path, the inner making the inside part transparent. Is there any way to select both the inner and outer path making it one compound path?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

KN
Ken_Nielsen
Aug 4, 2006
Just draw both paths on one path selected in the paths palette. Before you draw, and with the pen tool selected, choose the rightmost path type selection in the options bar.

It will clip properly when the image is placed.

WIth your file where the paths are already drawn, with the pen tool selected, choose both paths by holding down the command and option keys and marquee select to select all of the points, then make sure the right-most path-type box is checked in the options bar. Re-save the file as "Save As" to overwrite your existing file or rename to achieve your new corrected file.
K
Kdod
Aug 4, 2006
wrote in message
Just draw both paths on one path selected in the paths palette. Before you draw, and with the pen tool selected, choose the rightmost path type selection in the options bar.

It will clip properly when the image is placed.

WIth your file where the paths are already drawn, with the pen tool selected, choose both paths by holding down the command and option keys and marquee select to select all of the points, then make sure the right-most path-type box is checked in the options bar. Re-save the file as "Save As" to overwrite your existing file or rename to achieve your new corrected file.

Could you please post a tutorial or a diagram of such to help me understand what is completlygoing on.
Thanks
J
JeffN
Dec 12, 2006
I’m using CS, and I’m trying to combine two paths into one.

with the pen tool selected, choose both paths by holding down the command and option keys and marquee select to select all of the points, <

I tryed this, but both paths are not selected when I marquee them. In the paths pallette I can click on one path and them select it via cmd+option marquee, but only the active path is selected.

what am I doing wrong?

JeffN
J
JeffN
Dec 13, 2006
Here’s an fyi, got this answer from the good folks at NAPP help desk. Thanks to Pete

Select the Path Selection tool. Click on one of the paths in the Paths palette. Click on the path in the image window. Edit> Copy. Click on the other path in the Paths palette. Edit> Paste. With the second path still selected, click on one of the four buttons to the left in the Options bar to establish the interaction between the paths. You can then delete the now-unused path.

JeffN

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections