LB
Posted By
Lorne_Bourdo
Jul 18, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m looking for some help. I have been trying to open some PDFs with Photoshop CS2 and it is not working. Everytime Photoshop tries to open it. It crashes. Or if I finally do get it to work it’s got horizontal lines on most of the image. The PDF itself is 24x36in. So it’s a big file. But only like 2mb. Also I tried to open it in Illustrator CS2 and it worked. But then it wouldn’t work in Photoshop. So what I had to do was us a desktop G5 and convert them to .psd files. That way I could open them fine. What is the probelm? Can this be fixed. I’m not always gonna be at my Desktop when I’m on the road needing to open PDFs? Please help. Thanks,

Lorne

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

B
Buko
Jul 19, 2006
what system?

will it open them in a new user?
LB
Lorne_Bourdo
Jul 19, 2006
The system is an OS X 10.4.7, 2.0GHz, 2GB Ram black MacBook. So it’s good to go. I have not tried it with a new user. I will try it as administrator. We’ll see how that goes. But I have a feeling it’s not the user. Because it worked on my desktop G5. Let me know if anyone has any other ideas? Thanks,

Lorne
B
Buko
Jul 19, 2006
a new user is a reality check. If it works in a new user there is something wrong or corrupt in the old user. some have reported 10.4.7 on the Mactels is not as stable as 10.4.6 for the Creative Suite 2.

You may want to do an Archive and Install to get back to 10.4.6.
LB
Lorne_Bourdo
Jul 19, 2006
Ok I still need to check but how do I do an archive. I received the comptuer with 10.4.7 on it. I appreciate your help. Thanks,

Lorne
B
Buko
Jul 19, 2006
You are out of luck then.

Apple reissued the 10.4.7 for Intel chip make sure you have the latest 10.4.7.
LB
Lorne_Bourdo
Jul 19, 2006
So I can’t downgrade back to 10.4.6??
B
Buko
Jul 19, 2006
not if the system on the install CD is 10.4.7
LB
Lorne_Bourdo
Jul 19, 2006
oh ok gotcha. Bummer but thanks anyways.

Lorne

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections