KR
Posted By
Kelly_Rowe
Jul 31, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I tried creating a new profile with a brand new copy of Spyder2PRO on my Intel-Mac and got what appeared to be very pleasing results. The before and after images were outstanding; exactly what I was hoping for. However, when I started Photoshop CS2, the application just gave me the dreaded "very serious error… blah, blah, blah… please reinstall the application" error. Okay. That’s new. So I thought maybe I would use the System Preferences/Display applet and pick the old Adobe color profile. When I clicked on the Color button, BOOM! The applet bombed out.

I went and manually deleted the new profile from the Library, restarted the computer, and everything has worked fine since. Did Colorvision just forget about Intel-Macs in their QA testing? Has anyone successfully used the spyder on an iMac 20? Maybe it just doesn’t work with the goofy translation software running in OS X?

I’m running the latest version of OS X (10.4.7) and the latest version of Spyder2PRO.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

NK
Neil_Keller
Jul 31, 2006
Kelly,

I didn’t see anything on the Colorvision site that suggests incompatibility. I use Spyder 2 on a 20" iMac (the generation just before Intel) under Mac OS X 10.4.7 without any problems — but, obviously, that is not a direct comparison.

Both immediately before and after your Spyder and Photoshop installations, did you repair permissions and your drive? Did you run Disk Warrior? Did you reset or delete your Photoshop’s preferences?

Neil
BB
by_Buko
Jul 31, 2006
Your are not using the monitor profile as a color space are you?
JV
John_Vitollo
Jul 31, 2006
There’s a ColorVision Yahoo group that is frequented by ColorVision’s David Miller – Senior Software Developer and C. David Tobie – Product Technology Manager. They would help you out for sure:

<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/colorvision_group/>

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections