Posted By
eldon_vinci
Jan 19, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,
My friend gave me a copy of Photoshop LE 5.0. Does anyone know if it will work on the new mac intel based computers?
Thanks,
Eldon

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Buko
Jan 19, 2007
no it will not work
R
Ram
Jan 19, 2007
Most likely not. Unless the Windows version is included on that CD and you care to boot your Mac-Intel straight into Windows, which you must buy and install first.

Mac-Intel machines don’t run Classic, and I don’t think there was any OS X version of Photoshop LE.

Consider buying Photoshop Elements.
EV
eldon_vinci
Jan 19, 2007
Thanks Ramon. I’ll go the Elements route.

Josh
CB
charles badland
Jan 20, 2007
FYI
You can use a legit copy of Photoshop LE, to upgrade to Elements at a lower price. (not much of a discount… might not be worth going through transfer of license of your friend’s copy of LE to you.)
H
halinsalem
Jan 20, 2007
I was at Cosco this week and, with a coupon, they had Photo Elements 5 for $59.99, but this was almost certainly a Windows XP version (I didn’t really look closely).

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections