J
Posted By
jor
Jul 4, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m new to Macs after many years on PCs. Anyhow, I have a new iMac with the dual core Intel chip and one gigabyte of RAM. I like this machine a LOT but it seems to me that PS Elements runs more slowly than it should with a gig of memory. Is this typical? Thanks.
jor

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

R
Rinus van Schajik
Jul 4, 2006
On 2006-07-04 06:58:36 +0200, jor said:

I’m new to Macs after many years on PCs. Anyhow, I have a new iMac with the dual core Intel chip and one gigabyte of RAM. I like this machine a LOT but it seems to me that PS Elements runs more slowly than it should with a gig of memory. Is this typical? Thanks.
jor

Yes it is normal, well for now. CS2 runs under Rosseta and that slows it down. next year there will be CS3 that runs native and will work better.
J
jor
Jul 4, 2006
On 2006-07-04 03:40:50 -0700, Rinus van Schajik said:

jor

Yes it is normal, well for now. CS2 runs under Rosseta and that slows it down. next year there will be CS3 that runs native and will work better.

Thanks for your reply. I hope Adobe upgrades Elements along with the CS product. It’s disappointing having this hotshot chip that underperforms. Otherwise, it’s fine. I’m using Unison for a newsreader (just found it yesterday) and Mail & Safari for email and browsers. I’m used to Thunderbird and Firefox but I am trying to be a true Apple person.
jor
J
jor
Jul 5, 2006

jor

Well, I’m going to put another gig of RAM in this thing and see if that will speed it up. I’ll post results. Speaking of posting, I note that this group isn’t very active. Is there a more lively Photoshop group around? Thanks.
jor
BS
Bob Somethingorother
Jul 6, 2006
In article wrote:

Well, I’m going to put another gig of RAM in this thing and see if that will speed it up. I’ll post results. Speaking of posting, I note that this group isn’t very active. Is there a more lively Photoshop group around? Thanks.
jor

adobe.photoshop.elements,
alt.graphics.photoshop,
comp.graphics.apps.photoshop

*Why can’t women leave the lid up?

Bob
in Carmel, CA
HW
Hugh Watkins
Jul 6, 2006
jor wrote:

I’m new to Macs after many years on PCs. Anyhow, I have a new iMac with the dual core Intel chip and one gigabyte of RAM. I like this machine a LOT but it seems to me that PS Elements runs more slowly than it should with a gig of memory. Is this typical? Thanks. jor

Thanks for your reply. I hope Adobe upgrades Elements along with the CS product. It’s disappointing having this hotshot chip that underperforms. Otherwise, it’s fine. I’m using Unison for a newsreader (just found it yesterday) and Mail & Safari for email and browsers. I’m used to Thunderbird and Firefox but I am trying to be a true Apple person. jor
gmail works very well on the mac

ask for an invite if you need one

www.blogger.com works in basic htmal no GUI editor

just returned to mac after 5 years away

about 6 hours so 🙂
looking for someupdates and hints and tips
there used to be some good mac bbs

the mac is on line via this WinXp machine until I get a new isp sorted aol web mail is ok in Safari with access to me address books

regards

Hugh W

daily blogs with new photos

http://slim2005.blogspot.com/
http://snaps2006.blogspot.com/

family history
http://hughw36.blogspot.com
J
jor
Jul 7, 2006
On 2006-07-06 14:45:09 -0700, Bob Allison said:

In article wrote:

jor

adobe.photoshop.elements, alt.graphics.photoshop, comp.graphics.apps.photoshop

Thanks. See you there.
jor

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections