A
Posted By
Astrospaced
Aug 26, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there any way to make 100% black color from "just" black in Photoshop 7?

The foreground color box uses cyan, magenta, and yellow to make black. Everytime I change the CMYK sliders back to zero and just use the 100% black, it changes back when I close out from the dialouge box.

Then, I can’t separate a two color CMYK object in IDCS. The magenta will print out, the black will print out, etc.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

J
jonf
Aug 26, 2004
Are you in RGB mode by some chance?
A
Astrospaced
Aug 26, 2004
jonf…. no, I’m strictly cmyk all the way through, even in IDCS
B
Buko
Aug 27, 2004
click on the main color swatch and when it opens, make it 100% black
A
Astrospaced
Aug 27, 2004
That is my main problem. when I click on the main color swatch and set the cmyk sliders to 100% black, it always defaults back to cyan 100%, Magenta 100% and Yellow 100%, after I close it out.
A
Astrospaced
Aug 27, 2004
Then again, it could be an IndesignCS problem…. If i switch to adobe color picker it retains a 100% black. but when in IDCS I go to separte a clip art item that is supposed to be 100% cyan and 100% black….. the black retains some of all the other colors, and those portions of the black print out with the cyan plate…..
A
Astrospaced
Aug 27, 2004
Ok…. never mind…. I found the culprit to be the apple color picker. It somehow will not allow for 100% pure black. at least this one doesn’t.
B
Buko
Aug 27, 2004
Never use Apple color picker.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Aug 27, 2004
… nor the Apple ColorSync Engine.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections