MR
Posted By
Mark_Reibman
Jan 16, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Here is the image that Marty needs help with. I’ve sent an email to Marty to ask her to send me a larger image. Maybe this will be enough for someone to offer a suggestion. To me, I see it as stains.

<http://www.pbase.com/image/25190158>

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JF
Jodi_Frye
Jan 16, 2004
from what i remember Marty wanted to keep the sepia color which makes it a bit of a challenge but I’d like to try a couple of tricks and see what i get anyways. If i manage to fix it without too much effort ( meaning without lots of artistic laboring ) i will post my findings.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jan 16, 2004
This is what I did. Since Marty wanted to keep the sepia color I used the eyedropper tool and grabbed a sample of the color off the house. Then I made a copy and desaturated the copy. I applied levels and then sharpened it a bit with the unsharp. I then applied a color adjustment layer with the color that I had sampled. I moved the slider to the opacity that matched the original…no more orange spots !
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Jan 16, 2004
Jodi, when you say a ‘color adjustment layer’, to what are you referring? Is that an Elements Hue/Saturation layer or one of the full Photoshop choices?
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Jan 16, 2004
Jodi, I think I figured it out. You used a Color Fill Layer with Color mode, right?
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jan 16, 2004
Sorry Chuck, yup, PE1 >an adjustment layer, solid color, color blend mode.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jan 16, 2004
yup 😉
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jan 16, 2004
I had to lower the opacity slider on the adjustment color layer as well to match it up with the original color image.
ML
Marty_Landolt
Jan 18, 2004
Wow, I’m flattered that you all should take so much time for me. I will send Mark a larger picture but sure sounds good so far. I’m going to be off the computer for a couple days but will catch up soon.
Marty
ML
Marty_Landolt
Feb 4, 2004
JODI, LEEN, JANE, MARK, WENDY, DOUGLAS,
Boy, do I owe you apologies. Rule #1 – Never ask a question then run off. 2 weeks away and 1 week iced in aren’t enough excuses.
I do appreciate your replies and will be trying my hand at the picture while Mark does his work on it.
LEEN, I do not know a thing about "channel mixer". Is that something handy to have? JANE, The spots are really close. JODI, sounds like you did OK on it. WENDY, I bet I’ll be doing a lot of the trial and error.
Since it does seem to be typical for many of my old pictures I will read more at Douglas’ suggested site.
Marty
ML
Marty_Landolt
Feb 4, 2004
MARK, I’ve tried twice to email you a couple larger pictures but can’t get through. Have you changed your email address or is it simply my simple mind?
Marty

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections