P
Posted By
paul
Jan 12, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a large series of negatives that have an unmanageable number of spots and scratches. I have tried several methods of cleaning them and scanning them. Unlike my color transparencies which I can remove all of the spots and scratches in just a few minutes with the Clone Stamp Tool, it takes hours just to partially retouch the spots and scratches. I no longer work with film, so I guess I don’t have to worry about this with future images, but I would like to print these old negatives. Is there some type of plug-in that does not destroy the sharpness that will help me with this? Thank you.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

LH
Les Holder
Jan 12, 2004
Hi

Yiu might try www.polaroid.com/service/software/poladsr/poladsr.html

It works for me

Les
"Paul Light" wrote in message
I have a large series of negatives that have an unmanageable number of spots and scratches. I have tried several methods of cleaning them and scanning them. Unlike my color transparencies which I can remove all of the spots and scratches in just a few minutes with the Clone Stamp Tool, it takes hours just to partially retouch the spots and scratches. I no longer work with film, so I guess I don’t have to worry about this with future images, but I would like to print these old negatives. Is there some type of plug-in that does not destroy the sharpness that will help me with this? Thank you.
J
jrl3
Jan 14, 2004
The plug-in looks quite interesting, but not at all intuitive. Can you suggest where can I find something like a user’s guide for it?

"Les Holder" …
Hi

It works for me

Les
XT
xalinai_Two
Jan 14, 2004
On 13 Jan 2004 18:38:34 -0800, (Ralph Lindgren) wrote:

The plug-in looks quite interesting, but not at all intuitive. Can you suggest where can I find something like a user’s guide for it?
"Les Holder" …
Hi

It works for me

Les

It helps to read the documentation of the standalone program to get the terms and to play with the standalone program for a while to understand how the plugin works.

Michael
W
wes
Jan 14, 2004
Since I don’t know just how bad the images are, I will throw this possibility in. Take a look at
http://www.retouchpro.com/tutorials/index.php?m=show&id= 63 and see if it might help with your situation.

"Xalinai" wrote in message
On 13 Jan 2004 18:38:34 -0800, (Ralph Lindgren) wrote:

"Les Holder" wrote in message
news:<btukmv$s3n$>…
Hi

It works for me

Les
I have a large series of negatives that have an unmanageable number
of
spots and scratches. I have tried several methods of cleaning them
and
scanning them. Unlike my color transparencies which I can remove all of the spots and scratches in just a few minutes with the Clone Stamp Tool, it takes hours just to partially retouch the spots and scratches. I no longer work with film, so I guess I don’t have to worry about this with future images, but I would like to print these old negatives. Is there some type of plug-in that does not destroy
the
sharpness that will help me with this? Thank you.

It helps to read the documentation of the standalone program to get the terms and to play with the standalone program for a while to understand how the plugin works.

Michael
K
KenP
Jan 16, 2004
On 12 Jan 2004 06:20:22 -0800, (Paul Light)
wrote:

You might also consider re-washing the negatives (maybe you’ve done this). Are these negs B&W or color? You didn’t say.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections