EF
Posted By
Edward_Fritzen
Jan 16, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I remember reading in this forum once, quite some time ago, that while Photoshop Elements 2 runs under Mac OS X, it can run in Classic as well. I’m sure I remember opening PSE 2 in Classic from the finder in OS X, when I was running OS X 10.2 (Jaguar). Now I have upgraded to OS X 10.3 (Panther) and can’t seem to do this anymore. I’m sure I never had a separate PSE 2 application installed on my OS 9.2 partition, I just launched PSE 2 and could choose if I wanted it to run in "Classic". Can this still be done in Panther? Thanks

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

SS
Susan_S.
Jan 16, 2004
Yes it does – I just checked.
In the finder choose the icon for the Elements application file (you need the actual app, not just the folder)
Then use file>get info, and there will be a little box to check saying "open application in classic"
Start classic first before you try launching Elements (it can give problems if you don’t have classic running)
EF
Edward_Fritzen
Jan 17, 2004
Hi Susan,
Yes, I found that method shortly after I posted my question and doing some searching through the forums. While it does work, I seem to remember in Jaguar having the option available from the Finder’s menu bar. By going to the "Get Info" box, and checking the box "open application in classic", PE2 will always open in Classic, until one goes back and unchecks the box. I could be wrong. My memory is not what it used to be…….
Thanks for the info.
Ed

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections