ND
Posted By
nat_davis
Jul 16, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am trying to install photoshop 7 on a new G5 running panther, but the installer application tries to open in classic, and then gives an error saying that this is not possible, and telling me to either run it as a native os x program or boot into os 9.

when i get info on the installer application, the "open in classic environment" box is NOT checked, but it opens in classic anyway.

searched and found a solution for a similar problem – logging in as root and hiding the "fake finder" file in the core services folder, but this system does not have the "fake finder".

any suggestions for forcing the installer to work in os x?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

B
Buko
Jul 16, 2004
I forget what PS 7 CD looks like but was there not both an OS9 & OSX installer on the CD. Make sure you are using the OSX installer.
ND
nat_davis
Jul 16, 2004
there is only one installer on the cd
R
Ram
Jul 16, 2004
Try Repairing Permissions (with Apple’s Disk Utility) BEFORE and AFTER any system upgrade as well as BEFORE and AFTER installing any software that uses an installer.
ND
nat_davis
Jul 16, 2004
have also tried that with no luck. i am beginning to think that i will have to do a clean install of the os, and just start over.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 16, 2004
Have you tried removing the Photoshop application itself (but not your plug-ins and Presets) and all of your existing Photoshop prefs. before re-installing Photoshop?
GB
g_ballard
Jul 16, 2004
copy the install folder from the Original install CD to the desktop.

do a Get Info on the Installer icon> Open With (is there a clue here?)

be sure to not have any illegal unix characters in your HD directory down…

First, DO THE MAINTENANCE, try Spare User…
<http://www.gballard.net/psd/troubleshootpurgepsd.html>
ND
nat_davis
Jul 16, 2004
Copying it to the desktop worked – the installer worked fine. Thanks!
GB
g_ballard
Jul 16, 2004
Thanks for dropping back in with the fix solution for installer fails photoshop 7 8 CS installer application tries to open in classic, and then gives an error saying that this is not possible, and telling me to either run it as a native os x program or boot into os 9.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections