M
Posted By
MM08
Oct 21, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m trying to reinstall Photoshop CS2 on an intel iMac, OS 10.5.5. I ran the install program, after a few seconds I get the following error message: 

"Install Failed: The following install step failed: run preflight script for Adobe Photoshop CS2. Contact the software manufacturer
for assistance." (I did contact adobe, but they no longer support CS2) Originally, I had installed PS CS2 when I was using OS 10.4.X, then I upgraded to 10.5.x. PS CS2 was working fine on my system. Then I accidentally deleted the program, now I’m having trouble reinstalling. I’d appreciate any help that you can give me.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
Buko
Oct 21, 2008
I did contact adobe, but they no longer support CS2

not quite true.

CS2 is not supported in Leopard.
NK
Neil_Keller
Oct 21, 2008
Upgrade to CS4.

Neil
NT
Nini Tj
Oct 21, 2008
If you have installed CS3 you have to de-install that first, then install CS2, then CS3 again. In that order.
NK
Neil_Keller
Oct 21, 2008
Nini,

This is CS2 on an Intel iMac running 10.5.5.

Neil
NT
Nini Tj
Oct 22, 2008
Yes, I know. Just thought to mention that if CS3 also has been installed you need to to do it like that.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections