CB
Posted By
Craig_Bowden
Jul 10, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
This is probably a really stupid question, but I am a novice user…

I am trying to type text, and instead of it going to a new line or when hitting return, it continues typing over the existing line of text and continues doing this again and again until there are several lines of text
ALL ON A SINGLE LINE, and unreadable!! How do I create multiple lines of text just like when word processing using something like Word?
I didn’t seem to have this problem in previous versions, am using new Photoshop CS. Please help with advice or tips. Thanks!!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 10, 2004
Check your leading (line-spacing)!
CB
Craig_Bowden
Jul 10, 2004
Thanks alot!!!
It worked and will now save me alot of frustration!
Am still getting used to all the new settings.
I really appreciate it!!
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 10, 2004
Glad that it helped.
NK
Neil_Keller
Jul 10, 2004
That said, for more than a few words of text — unless they require finessing that can only be done in Photoshop — it is almost always better (faster layout and formating, faster editing, more efficient, more font control, etc.) to import your pictures and set your type in a page layout app. Even for simple jobs, such as business cards.

Neil

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections