CB
Posted By
Clyde_Burnham
Oct 14, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using PSE on a Mac with OS X. I am making bumper stickers and need to adjust the leading between lines of type so as to fit the type within my size constraints. Is there a way to adjust the leading directly or do I have to somehow treat each line of type as an image and move the images within the frame?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BH
Beth_Haney
Oct 14, 2003
You have to treat each line of type separately. Elements doesn’t handle text with as much sophistication as full Photoshop. It doesn’t have a clue what "leading" means. (Nor do I for that matter; but I do know it ain’t in Elements!)
MM
Mac_McDougald
Oct 14, 2003
Leading is spacing between lines.

Pronounced "led", refers to the metal (galena) and harkens back to hand placed metal dies on linotype machines in the printing industry.

Mac
BH
Beth_Haney
Oct 14, 2003
Thanks, Mac. I figured it had something to do with that. Wasn’t somebody asking about the space in front of the first character of a line a while back, too?
PD
Pete_D
Oct 15, 2003
I believe the best answer to this question before was to make separate layers for each line of text and adjust spacing by moving the text layer. That also gives the flexibility to add separate text effects.

Pete

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections