BC
Posted By
Bess_Cutler
Mar 8, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
when i use type tool, i can generate letters, but when i press the enter button to start a new line, then it starts printing backwards. and i cannot place cursor on next line.
what are the leading, baseline, tracking and kerning supposed to be set at for normal display. is there a simple fix without reinstalling program because i’m afraid i’ll lose my automated batches i’ve set up.
thanks very much.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BC
Bess_Cutler
Mar 8, 2009
actually, when i press enter, cursor goes back to beginning of line if the left justified text is highlighted.
if centering text is highlighted, then cursor returns to middle on thata same first line.
BL
Bob Levine
Mar 8, 2009
You have the leading set to 0. Delete whatever number you have there.

Bob
BC
Bess_Cutler
Mar 8, 2009
thank you so much. i had tried that but .01 kept popping up in the box. finally after 10 attempts, i got rid of it. thank you again.
P
Phosphor
Mar 8, 2009
I forget…does PS 5.x have an "Auto" setting for the Leading value? If so…that’s what you want to use for a standard value.

"Auto" will set the leading as 120% of whichever point size you set for the type size.

Example:
12 pt. type × 120% = 14.4 pt. for leading. In other words, multiply the type point size by 1.2

If you want to adjust manually, a higher number for leading that what "Auto" calculates will move lines of type farther apart; a lower number moves them closer together.
BC
Bess_Cutler
Mar 8, 2009
can’t find an auto setting for leading. what do i put in for baseline and should i check autokern?
P
Phosphor
Mar 8, 2009
Ahhh…Lookie here!

Did a Gurgle-search using the terms:

photoshop type tool baseline

and the first result at the top of the list was a link all about PS 5.x Type tips.

<http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/photoshop/l/bllps506b.htm>

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections