How to not create a new layer with Line Tool ?

WN
Posted By
Wesley_Norman
Nov 4, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Are you having a bad day John?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JJ
John Joslin
Nov 4, 2006
No, very nice actually. I just like to encourage people to think for themselves and learn about and understand the features of Photoshop.
M
MaxFischer
Nov 4, 2006
And why exactly my question deserved the "read the [bleep] manual" type of comment? I don’t see you "encouraging" people that way in the other thousands of threads.
P
Phosphor
Nov 4, 2006
In all honesty, Max, learning the difference between how those 3 grouped buttons affect drawing with paths and Custom Shapes is pretty basic, and could have been found in the manual or the PDF manual pretty easily.

Point is, this forum really isn’t geared toward handholding people through basic procedures. Most of the regulars here expect that visitors have worked through the basic skills sets and have a decent grasp on which tools do what. Then, if they’re still having problems, they can come here to find a deep well of experience, made up of many people who are good at problem-solving.

If you want help with basics, and the manual doesn’t work for your style of learning, there are literally thousands of websites with static and video tutorials, loaded with step-by-step pictures. All you gotta do is fire up Google and start hammering away on your keyboard.

Maybe one of those types of sites will work better for you until you’re a little better acquainted with the tools and procedures?

You may do well to absorb the info at the following link. It’s a good set of guidelines for info-seeking both online and in real life. When I first ran across the original version of this page, I was enormously enlightened:

LenHewitt, "How To Get Help Quickly" #, 4 Mar 2004 8:27 am </cgi-bin/webx?50>
JJ
John Joslin
Nov 4, 2006
Erm, excuse me, it’s "Read The Fine Manual" – I don’t use such rough language as you. 🙁
M
MaxFischer
Nov 4, 2006
John:
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RTFM>
I didn’t invented that expression.
M
MaxFischer
Nov 4, 2006
Phos:

Thanks for your advise. I understand your points and probably this will be my last post here until I learn some more.
I DID read the manual and searched on google, but no tutorial has response for exactly that point.

Right now I’m stuck with other problem. I need to delineate a drawing with a brush, I need a brush and anti-aliasing. But I don’t want the brush effect that after several passes the color get lighter and lighter (or darker depends on the color). I’ve played with all the brush settings and read the brush section in the manual. Still I don’t know how to cancel this effect of the brush. Nor google found me anything, nor I know a tutorial that cover or explain this. May I’m looking for something that doesn’t exit. And if it doesn’t exist, how would I find it other than asking ?
P
Phosphor
Nov 4, 2006
What kind of drawing? Scanned artwork? Paths?

Post a decently sized version of it here:

<http://www.pixentral.com>

When you have uploaded the image, and the image is displayed, scroll down and copy ALL of the HTML code in the box beneath it (ignore the "Forum" code), then paste it in a reply here.

Click image thumbnail below for full size:
< http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?picture=1q3bTxdLJPjiYsHe0E u3zDwV2iM>
B
Bernie
Nov 4, 2006
Reset the brush

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections