KM
Posted By
Kevin_Molick
Dec 14, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have been starting to do more B & W printing and cannot get my prints to come out with the proper contrast, like I used to get in the darkroom( not even close). I have tried ticking the greyscale box. Changing the appearance on the monitor does’nt do it. I read awhile back it might be neccessary to invest in a printer that can use all B & W inks in differant grades. It seems as though it would need to be a printer that has the capability of taking individual inks. I don’t really want to buy yet another printer. Anyone had any luck on this?
My printer is an HP 7350 6 color.
Kevin

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BB
brent_bertram
Dec 15, 2003
Kevin,
Just for your info, getting good black & white prints from a color inkjet is a real challenge , you are not alone. Many real pro’s DO use a 2d dedicated printer for the purpose and special inksets. It doesn’t have to be an expensive printer, an Epson 870 would be just fine, the ink is the thing. <http://www.inkjetmall.com/> is a good place to look at the technology and options.

🙂

Brent
KM
Kevin_Molick
Dec 15, 2003
To Stu & Brent,
Thanks a lot for the awesome articles! I am really exited about the HP 7660. I’ll be looking into it seriously.
Kevin
MP
Marshall_Ponzi
Dec 15, 2003
I suggest buying "The Hidden Power of Photshop Elements 2" by Richard Lynch. You might also visit www.hiddenelements.com, the companion website. The book contains a CD containing "Power Tools" that enable you to run RGB and Luminosity separations, as well as Curves, etc. The value of the tools far outweighs the purchase price of the book!

In reading this book, and trying the tools, I’ve found it easy to make great B&W prints, and bring out their best qualities (not to mention better color).

No, I’m not a salesperson for the book, but it’s elevated my abilities in PS about 6 notches!

Marsh
SB
Stu_Bloom
Dec 16, 2003
I second Marshall’s endorsement of Richard Lynch’s book.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections