Posted By
Lynn Dougherty
May 1, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Dear All:

I hope someone can help me with this. I have an image file that is 300 pixels/inch which is 7" wide by 8.763" high. I have a HP Deskjet 932C and it prints fine on my printer. I sent it to a friend and he says it’s way bigger then the paper size of 8-1/2" x 11". I told him to try to adjust the printer setting, but he has tried setting up the photos to be printed both Portrait and Landscape…also tried setting it to "Scale to Fit Paper" and "Scale to size"…you name it, but the photo seems to be still printing larger then the paper.

I don’t know how to help him, since the photo prints fine on my printer. My friend has a Hewlett Packard PSC 2210 all-in-one Printer/Scanner/Copier/Fax.

Anyone have any ideas?

Any help will be appreciated.

Sincerely,
lynnpd

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

T
Tacit
May 1, 2005
In article ,
"Lynn Dougherty" wrote:

I hope someone can help me with this. I have an image file that is 300 pixels/inch which is 7" wide by 8.763" high. I have a HP Deskjet 932C and it prints fine on my printer. I sent it to a friend…

HOW did you send it to your friend? What format? Some file formats do not save resolution information, so your 300 pixel per inch file is opened at whatever the screen resolution is–which makes the file’s print dimensions larger.

What program is your friend using? Some programs, like Web browsers, always throw away resolution information.

Art, photography, shareware, polyamory, literature, kink: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
BH
Bill Hilton
May 1, 2005
I have an image file that is 300 pixels/inch which is 7" wide by
8.763" high. I have a HP Deskjet 932C and it prints fine on my
printer. I sent it to a friend and he says it’s way bigger then the paper size of 8-1/2" x 11".

You dropped the 300 ppi info when it was transferred, your friend probably sees it with a default setting of 72 ppi so it’s probably 4x bigger on each side … if they have Photoshop tell them to do Image > Image Size, uncheck resampling and change the rez to 300 ppi, then it should print the same size as you’re seeing.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections