SF
Posted By
Scott Friedman
Jul 19, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am a new Photoshop 7 user that is having difficulty printing documents in Photoshop. When I print to my Epson Stylus Photo 820 a message in Photoshop tells me the color might not be correct due to the printer being non-postscript. Well, the message is correct, because my prints look terrible. Is there a way to get the pictures to print correctly by tweaking a couple of things in Photoshop? Is there a way to fool the program into thinking I have a postscript printer? Or am I hosed and need to purchase a postscript printer, which I don’t really want to do. I should also let you know that I run Photoshop on a Mac in OS X (Jaguar).

Thank you for your help in advance.
Scott

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
Bernie
Jul 23, 2003
On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 05:53:14 GMT, Scott Friedman
wrote:

I am a new Photoshop 7 user that is having difficulty printing documents in Photoshop. When I print to my Epson Stylus Photo 820 a message in Photoshop tells me the color might not be correct due to the printer being non-postscript. Well, the message is correct, because my prints look terrible. Is there a way to get the pictures to print correctly by tweaking a couple of things in Photoshop? Is there a way to fool the program into thinking I have a postscript printer? Or am I hosed and need to purchase a postscript printer, which I don’t really want to do. I should also let you know that I run Photoshop on a Mac in OS X (Jaguar).

Thank you for your help in advance.
Scott
=======================
This is done by color correction techniques which can be very tedious and which are as much or more an art than a science. If there are only a couple of colors that don’t print true, assuming that you know colors and can detect what adustment of that color as seen on the CRT is needed, you can do it by trial and error . . kinda like a bowler does in accomodating his roll to fit the peculiarities of the lane. No matter how good your color correction technique is, being intimately familiar with the output characteristics of your printer is essential. Keep in mind, though, that your desired color may be out of CMYK gamut anyhow and even if you had a postscript printer, it might not be printable.
Bernie

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections