SB
Posted By
Sid_Berry
Dec 27, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Been using Photoshop 7 for a number of years now but whenever i try printing photos the results are not even close to the original,this is regardless whether i make any adjustments or not.Photos are sometimes scanned in,or saved in photoshop direct from my camera.My printer at the moment is an Epson Photo R200,but i have used other printers and pc’s with the same results.Is there anything i need to setup before printing

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

C
chrisjbirchall
Dec 27, 2006
Is there anything i need to setup before printing

Did you profile your monitor? Have you got the correct profiles loaded for the Printer/media/ink combination you are using?

For a full roundup of colour management, spend a little while at: <http://www.computer-darkroom.com>

Chris.
VC
Voula_Cicchelli
Mar 18, 2008
The actuall image comes out as a 5×7 on the 8 1/2 x 11 paper. When i do the same thing, but actually print on a 5×7 card stock, the image prints even smaller than a 4×6. I am really confused. All i want to do is print a 5×7 photocard on a 5×7 cardstock so the image fills the entire paper where you do not see any white trimming. Is this possible or am I getting to picky?
JT
John_T_Smith
Mar 19, 2008
Does your printer even ALLOW going all the way to the edge?
SP
Sid_Phillips
Mar 19, 2008
Sounds like your printer driver has set really large margins for the 5×7 card stock if it’s only printing 4×6. John has asked the right question – does your printer driver allow you to print 5×7 borderless on 5×7 stock? If so, it should state this explicitly, something to the effect of being able to select the 5×7 size with a borderless check-box, or a borderless selection.

BTW, what printer and what printer driver version are you using?
VC
Voula_Cicchelli
Mar 20, 2008
Oh I see what you mean. I just double checked the printing options and it only has 4×6 borderless with tab and 4×6 with tab. The only one that is there is a 5×8 index card.

I have an HP psc 1315 (from the 1310 series) all in one and driver version 3.5.1
HB
Heather Bell
Mar 20, 2008
Your model only does borderless 4 x6 print. You’d need to print on 8.5 x 11 and cut out for 5 x 7 borderless.
VC
Voula_Cicchelli
Mar 20, 2008
Really? I didn’t realize that. So just to make sure i understand, i make my image 5×7 and then select 8×11 paper size and my image will print 5×7?
HB
Heather Bell
Mar 20, 2008
I just googled your printer and it’s listed in the specs.

Yes, use any 8.5 x 11 stock of your choice. Make your document any size of your choice that is smaller than those dimensions. Print in center of page. Cut out to required size.

Hope that helps.
VC
Voula_Cicchelli
Mar 20, 2008
Thank you so much. I got it to work. Now i just have to figure out how to print the image on the back so it is even 🙂 I really appreciate your help.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections