DD
Posted By
Diane_Donath
Jan 7, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m looking for some assistance in how I would lay out my photos to be printed onto tiles.

For instance, printing a photo, to be printed onto 9 4" square tiles, to be placed together as one large tile mural on wall or as backsplash, that would be 12" x 12".

How would I go about ‘cutting’ the photo in 4" squares and pulling them apart, to get the look I want?

Hope I’m explaining this good enough. I know there’s a program for this, but I just upgraded to CS 4, and won’t have any spending money for awhile again, so I’d love to learn how to do this in PS, I’m sure there’s a way.

Thanks ever so much,
Diana

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DD
Diane_Donath
Jan 8, 2009
OK, now I feel very paranoid, everybody has a reply here but me. 🙁
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Jan 8, 2009
I wanted an answer to that 3-4 years ago…and I’m still waiting! 😀
DE
David_E_Crawford
Jan 8, 2009
Use the slice tool in the tool section. Too hard for me to write about but here is just one response when the subject was googled.

<http://www.dtg-forums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=868>

There are a lot more examples and different ways to do it too on the web.
P
Phosphor
Jan 8, 2009
LARRY! I thought one of us (Me, or Jay, or Graff, or Mathias, or Welles, or….?) sent you this-a-way:

<http://posterazor.sourceforge.net/>

If that doesn’t work for you, I have a write up about how to do it manually; used to have to do it a lot when I was designing and printing banners and billboards. The tutorial isn’t bug-free yet, that’s why I never posted it. But if you want the info I have so far let me know off-world. You have my email addy…
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Jan 8, 2009
Never saw that Phoz. Interesting and thanks!
DD
Diane_Donath
Jan 8, 2009
Yooooo Hoooooo! Thanks so much guys! You deserve a kiss for that! 😉

I’ve finished my photo and it looks great!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections