SB
Posted By
Scott_Buttrick
Jun 26, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
PS-CS won’t read the RAW files from my Canon s60. Do I need to load a seperate plugin for CRW files?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

R
Ram
Jun 26, 2004
Scott,

Did you install the Adobe Camera Raw 2.2 plug-in? Assuming you have a Canon D60 (I’m not familiar with a "s60" model), your camera is fully supported.

Check the Digital camera raw file support page:

<http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/cameraraw.html>
CC
Conrad_Chavez
Jun 27, 2004
The S60 is not the D60. It is the just-released newer version of the S50 point-and-shoot. It is so new that it is not yet on the current compatibility list, so it’s probably safe to guess that it will show up in the next revision of Adobe Camera Raw, whenever that is.

(I hope it’s soon, because I’m thinking of buying an S60.)
R
Ram
Jun 27, 2004
Thanks for the correction, Conrad. I’d never heard of the S60, and since the S key is right next to the D on the keyboard …
SB
Scott_Buttrick
Jun 27, 2004
Conrad…..The s60 is a great camera. I wanted a small pocket size camera that was at least 5mp and I could shoot RAW with. This camera fit the bill and the images are fantastic. It will never replace my Oly E-1, but sure is nice to take quality images with a small camera.
CC
Conrad_Chavez
Jun 28, 2004
Thanks Scott. I appreciate the opinion because I was wondering about how the S60’s totally new lens design was working out. We have the same reasons for buying it: 5MP compact camera that supports RAW format.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections