Posted By
gromit12
May 26, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I’ve seen from multiple forum entries that this is a common problem – just wondering if anyone has found a solution yet, since I can’t seem to find anyone who has. I’m using Adobe Bridge CS3 on Windows, the latest version at the time of writing (2.1.1.9). I’ve got all the latest updates. My images are in CR2 from a Canon 350.

The problem is that when I look at the RAW thumbnails in the content window, they look great. But when I click on them and they appear in the preview window: poof! – after about half a second the image loses contrast, looks lighter, the colors look redder. The change then occurs to the thumbnail in question too.

How can I stop this? Thanks in advance for any help,

Cheers

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

G
gowanoh
May 26, 2008
I believe:
Before you open the image the thumbnail is generated using a jpeg algorithm. When you open an image in the converter it is adjusted to whatever the default settings are in the converter. When you click anything but cancel those changes are applied to the thumbnail.
You can change the default settings in the Adobe converter to anything you like.
I think the reasons some people like one converter more than another may be largely due to the default settings their images are opened with.
G
gromit12
May 26, 2008
Aha. Thanks, that explains it.

So…does anyone have a good, general purpose, set of default camera raw settings for pics taken on a Canon 350? Something similar to the JPEG settings?

Could such a recipe exist?

Thanks

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections