LR
Posted By
Lynn_Ross
Nov 30, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is it illegal to give my PE 2 to my brothers family since I just brought the adobe CS and don’t need to have PE 2 any more, I will take it off of my computer so that it will only be used on one computer and that will be there’s….. Anyone know the answer to this question, Please get back to me….

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

J
jhjl1
Nov 30, 2003
If you upgraded your Elements to CS it would be illegal so far as I know. If you purchased the full version of Photoshop CS (not an upgrade) you could contact Adobe and transfer the license to whomever you please. You should probably call Adobe to be on the safe side but this is the way I understand it.

Have A Nice Day, 🙂
James W. Hutchinson
http://www.pbase.com/myeyesview
BH
Beth_Haney
Nov 30, 2003
Me, too.
MM
Michael Moody
Nov 30, 2003
Hi Lynn. No I don’t think that’s illegal. I’d suggest you contact Adobe and re-register the application in the new owner’s name, so they can get tech support and upgrades. I’d start by calling Customer Support at 800-833-6687. Every couple of years I give my kids my old computers and software and we just call in and re-register everything. Takes a while, but I think it’s worth the trouble.

wrote in message
Is it illegal to give my PE 2 to my brothers family since I just brought
the adobe CS and don’t need to have PE 2 any more, I will take it off of my computer so that it will only be used on one computer and that will be there’s….. Anyone know the answer to this question, Please get back to me….
JH
Joe_Henry1000
Nov 30, 2003
Well you don’t actually have to contact Adobe. Here’s the EULA text:

4. Transfer. You may not, rent, lease, sublicense or authorize all or any portion of the Software to be copied onto another user’s Computer except as may be expressly permitted herein. You may, however, transfer all your rights to Use the Software to another person or legal entity provided that: (a) you also transfer each of this Agreement, the Software and all other software or hardware bundled or pre-installed with the Software, including all copies, Updates and prior versions, and all copies of font software converted into other formats, to such person or entity; (b) you retain no copies, including backups and copies stored on a computer; and (c) the receiving party accepts the terms and conditions of this Agreement and any other terms and conditions upon which you legally purchased a license to the Software. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you may not transfer education, pre-release, or not for resale copies of the Software.

Just give it to them and don’t keep any copies.

Joe
LR
Lynn_Ross
Nov 30, 2003
Hi Joe,
And thanks this is exactly the info that I wanted

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections