ML
Posted By
Mel_Lewis
Sep 30, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Of all the many, many books available on PSE2 what are some of the ones that are worth buying?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BG
Byron_Gale
Sep 30, 2003
Mel,

I own three books, all of which I recommend without reservation.

In no order other than author’s name:

– Photoshop Elements 2 Solutions by Mikkel Aaland
– 50 Fast Digital Photo Techniques by Gregory Georges
– The Photoshop Elements Book for Digital Photographers by Scott Kelby

Byron
BH
Beth_Haney
Sep 30, 2003
I have the Aaland book and the Kelby book; I like both of them very much.

I have Richard Lynch’s book "The Hidden Power of Photoshop Elements", too, but it’s definitely more advanced. It’s not the kind you can grab and paw through until you find an example of something that might be useful when working on the image currently staring back at you from the monitor.
MR
Mark_Reibman
Sep 30, 2003
I just received my copy of Kelby’s new book on Elements and I am very impressed. I would recommend getting this book even if you have to steal it. 😉 Just don’t tell them I told you to if you get caught.

Hidden Elements and also 50 fast are also great books.
JH
Joe_Henry1000
Sep 30, 2003

That’s my favorite.

Joe
LM
Lou_M
Oct 1, 2003
I have the Aaland book (first edition) and it’s very good.

Scott Kelby’s book just arrived last week and I haven’t been able to put it down. Gotta agree completely with Mark. It just "connects" somehow. It doesn’t hurt that it’s very short and to the point.

The next book will probably be Richard Lynch’s, based on other reports here and reviews elsewhere. I just need to internalize the basics first.

If you’re more comfortable with Photoshop Elements, Mel, I’d skip Kelby and go right to Lynch. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200. 🙂
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Oct 1, 2003
I still put Aaland #1 and Kelby #2; I liked Georges at first, but find I never go back to it; maybe I should sometime…

Chuck
JL
Joe_Lanier
Oct 1, 2003
50 Ways To Create Cool Pictures by Dave Huss (www.newriders.com is the publisher) is the absolute hands down best I’ve found on Elements
2. Joe
TN
Tony Nazar
Oct 2, 2003
In article ,
wrote:

Of all the many, many books available on PSE2 what are some of the ones that are worth buying?

I like How to Use Adobe Photoshop Elements 2 by Lisa Lee. Very simple step by step instructions on the basics and more advanced features.

Tony
MM
Michael Moody
Oct 3, 2003
I’ve been "using" (struggling with) PE2 for about a year now, and learned more in the first 20 pages of Aaland’s book than all the months before. I also like PE For Windows & Mac by Hoeschen and Dahl.

wrote in message
Mel,

I own three books, all of which I recommend without reservation.
In no order other than author’s name:

– Photoshop Elements 2 Solutions by Mikkel Aaland
– The Photoshop Elements Book for Digital Photographers by Scott Kelby
Byron

CC
cal_cowen
Apr 1, 2004
Wendy what a small world I used to live in Little Lever and also used to work in central manchester!

You have got much further on with Terragen than I have, back to the drawing board.

Cal
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Apr 1, 2004
Well Cal,

Now that we have narrowed it down, it gets even closer. I actually came from Ringley (Nr Kearsley) and thats within walking distance of Little Lever ….

Don’t get disheartened with Terragen … try out this site <http://www.terrasource.net/>

Wendy

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections