C
Posted By
CBoeckh
May 26, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just switched to OS 10.3 and was trying to print out an image with the extended print area on the Epson C82 and there is no more prompt for that in Photoshop. So the printer prints with a quarter inch strip on full size pages. What happened? Epson told me it was an application situation.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CC
Chris_Cox
May 27, 2004
Photoshop doesn’t know anything about that.
It comes entirely from the printer driver.

Do make sure you selected the Epson driver for your printer, and not the GIMP-Print driver.
AW
Allen_Wicks
May 27, 2004
I don’t have a C82, but on the SP2200 you would access the Epson Driver settings and set the Format to what you want (e.g. I choose "Standard – Minimze Margins"). I do believe borderless printing is a separate choice to make, and it may even be a special driver download. With any Epson/OSX printer issues, _first_ always download the latest driver and read me files.

It is almost for sure an Epson driver issue, not an application issue. In my experience Epson’s live tech support has always been poor. They just blame the app to get done with the call.
BB
Berry_Banks
May 27, 2004
I think this is a driver issue. According to the Epson site the last driver they released for the C82 was 11/27/02. It also says "Macintosh OS X (v10.1.3 – 10.2.1)"

Using the C82 while printing an image from CS will not bring up the Maximum print dialogue box. (I have the C82 printer)

As a test, I opened up an image from v5.0.2 in Classic, clicked on the page setup and the print maximum dialogue box does show up, it also shows up if I boot up my system into OS 9.2.1. while using v5.0.2. I did a test print in Classic but the colors were not managed as well, but it did gain an extra 5/16" on one edge.

Their marketing as with many other companies quit development for older products, making the end user have to upgrade or purchase their latest—newest product.
R
Ram
May 27, 2004
Check to see if there are newer PROFILES posted on the Epson site for your printer. At least in the case of the 2200, there are profiles that are newer than the posted driver, but the new profiles come with an installer that installs a new driver for each profile, so they display as separate printers in the printer setup utility.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections