JP
Posted By
John_Pelafigue
May 23, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve begun getting "scratch disks are full" in PS CS. Hardly likely since I’ve used 25 GB of a 55 GB harddrive. Until this is resolved, I can’t save anything, and have to work in PS 7. I’ve exhausted possibilites in PS Help section, and would appreciate any ideas from anyone. Many thanks.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups πŸ”₯

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

R
Ram
May 23, 2004
Hardly likely since I’ve used 25 GB of a 55 GB harddrive.

There may very well other causes, but, depending on the size of your images, itΒ’s possible that the message means just what it says. 30 times the size of your image is not uncommon for a scratch disk depending on several factors.

Try purging everything you can.
R
Ram
May 23, 2004
Have you tried the Cache X utility? (VersionTracker)
JP
John_Pelafigue
May 23, 2004
No, I haven’t tried Cache X. I don’t find it listed on VersionTracker’s website.

Purging has been done, there’s a limit to what anyone would purge, unless other avenues have been explored. If PS 7 works (and has for the many months it’s been installed), then in my mind PS 8 should work without this type problem.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
May 24, 2004
Cocktail will also purge caches as well as doing other maintenance tasks for you. <http://www.macosxcocktail.com/>
L
LRK
May 24, 2004
I run Cache Out X every day just to keep things cleaned out.
JP
John_Pelafigue
May 24, 2004
Do you have the URL for Cache Out X?
L
LRK
May 24, 2004
Yes I do. πŸ™‚

click here < http://www.nonamescriptware.com/forums/index.php?&act=Do wnloads&CODE=02&id=3 >
R
Ram
May 24, 2004
John,

The full name is Cache Out X 4.0.1, but VersionTracker does find it if you do a search on Cache X, without quotes or parenthesis.
JP
John_Pelafigue
May 24, 2004
okay, thanks
JP
John_Pelafigue
May 24, 2004
I installed and ran Cache Out, but that didn’t fix the problem. Still looking for the solution. Thanks Ramon
R
Ram
May 24, 2004
Which exact version of OX are you running? Anything with the name Norton on your computer? (If so, disable Norton everything.)

What size is the hard drive (total)? How much free space on it?

Have you Repaired Permissions?

How big is the image?

Any non UNIX characters in the name(s) of anything in the path (files, folders, drives)?

How much total RAM installed? What’s the max percentage of memory allowed to Photoshop (Photoshop menu > Preferences > Memory $ Image Cache > Memory Usage > Maximum used by Photoshop)?
JP
John_Pelafigue
May 24, 2004
Though it didn’t seem to be working at first, I’m fine now. I worked on several RAW images without incident. So the app. was a good thing. Thanks a mil, Ramon! You’re a hero!
R
Ram
May 24, 2004
Glad you solved the problem, John.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections