enlarging file size for picture agencies.

AP
Posted By
Aldo_Panzieri
Nov 4, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
A lot of picture agencies want your digital images enlarged to 48 MB or more. Whats the best way to do this?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

MM
Mac_McDougald
Nov 5, 2003
I’d say those agencies aren’t really catering to original digicam images. Only the highest end digital backs will produce files of that size.

Of course, scanning film with film scanner will easily get into this range also.

Actually, though, if you submit 16bit files, you only need half the assumed resolution (24MB) to achieve that size.

Mac
AP
Aldo_Panzieri
Nov 7, 2003
Dear Mac,

Thanks for the answer. I also checked in with the APA web site (Advertising Photographers of America.) Got some hints on enlarging files. It’s a good site. They should let non menbers log on too, but the teck talk gets really heavy. These guys are million dollar a year guys. I’m a member because when I was a kid I was an assistant. They never figured how to throw me out.

Speaking of large camera files, I was invited to try the Hasselblad H1 at Andrew Strausses studio in Hollywierd. I went of course for the free free food and booze. First things first. The camera is fantastic. First autofocus Hasselblad, light, fast. With a
Mac and digital back $49.000. 22 million pixels.

Thanks again, Aldo (A.K.A. Old Dog

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections