NM
Posted By
Nancy_Mumford
May 25, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just downloaded a trail version of PSE2 on to my iMac running OSX 10.1.5. I have Photoshop 4.0 that I have used in the past but it’s time for something newer 🙂

I am helping someone who wants me to crop, cleanup and save quite a few images for his high school reunion website, mostly prom, graduation and reunion pics – not sophisticated stuff. He has requested the pixel size be 500 x 300 and the file size to be around 35K. I am able to figure out the pixel part easily but when I go to save the picture and choose "Small File" I can’t get the file small enough. Even setting the file size to the smallest setting – 0 – still gives me a file that’s around 80 – 90K. If I do it in Photoshop with that pixel setting I can get to 35K quite easily. I will be saving these pictures to a folder to burn on a CD, not putting them directly on the site. Any suggestions?
Nancy

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

J
jhjl1
May 25, 2004
Try save-for-web. file>save for web.

Have A Nice Day, 🙂
James Hutchinson
http://www.pbase.com/myeyesview
http://www.myeyesviewstudio.com/
wrote in message
I just downloaded a trail version of PSE2 on to my iMac running OSX
10.1.5. I have Photoshop 4.0 that I have used in the past but it’s time for something newer 🙂
I am helping someone who wants me to crop, cleanup and save quite a
few images for his high school reunion website, mostly prom, graduation and reunion pics – not sophisticated stuff. He has requested the pixel size be 500 x 300 and the file size to be around 35K. I am able to figure out the pixel part easily but when I go to save the picture and choose "Small File" I can’t get the file small enough. Even setting the file size to the smallest setting – 0 – still gives me a file that’s around 80 – 90K. If I do it in Photoshop with that pixel setting I can get to 35K quite easily. I will be saving these pictures to a folder to burn on a CD, not putting them directly on the site. Any suggestions?
Nancy

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections