E
Posted By
ewk
May 18, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a document that is made up of two spot colors, saved in DCS 2.0 (thanks for your earlier advice with that). I need to make a clipping path around the item, which is a pretty complex path that I have already created in another document. When I drag the path to the spot document, or cut and paste it, I find that I can’t move the entire path, only points. I need to reposition it, but I don’t know how to…and all my attempts to fiqure it out don’t work. Thanks for your help.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

J
jonf
May 18, 2004
Normally if you have the path tool selected you can use the transform command (command-T) to move the entire path. As long as you have no specific paths or points selected. Is this not working?
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
May 19, 2004
Using a Pen tool, either Selection tool or the Move tool: Cmd Option Click on the Path. (The complete Path will then be Selected.)
Now copy/paste into your other file.
If the path is no longer selected, Cmd Option Click on it again. Keep the Cmd. key down and you can move the path wherever you like.
E
ewk
May 20, 2004
Thanks for the info. It works!
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
May 20, 2004
Glad that it worked for you.

It’s well worth learning what Sandee Cohen calls the "Finger Dance" when working with paths. You can do almost everything you need to do without changing tools in the tools palette just by using combinations of the Option, Shift and Cmd. keys.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections