M
Posted By
mikeisme
Nov 3, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
If you want to make a unique shiny like color, how do you define it as a spot color?

What happens to spot colors when they are printed from ink jets?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Z
zippy2000
Nov 3, 2003
unique shiny like color

Not to sure what you mean by this…by spot color, do you mean spot channel. If so, I am not to familiar with spot channels (don’t use them) but you might want look through PS help files.

I found this in the help files, maybe you will find it useful:

Spot colors are special premixed inks used instead of, or in addition to, the process color (CMYK) inks. Each spot color requires its own plate on the press. (Because a varnish requires a separate plate, it is considered a spot color, too.) For information on printing spot color plates, see Printing color separations. If you are planning to print an image with spot colors, you need to create spot channels to store the colors. To export spot channels, save the file in DCS 2.0 format or PDF.

A little more info would be helpful…what is your reason for using a "spot color"? What is the end result for this application (what medium: offset, inkjet, thermal printing)?

What happens to spot colors when they are printed from ink jets?

I might be wrong here, but I beleive they are converted to a CMYK equivalent.
L
LenHewitt
Nov 3, 2003
Mike,

‘Shiny’ colours? Do you mean a metalic? Alternatively ‘shiny’ areas can be created with a spot varnish.

Explain a little bit more….

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections