Posted By
Fiona_Stenhouse
Mar 5, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Please HELP!

One day I will get proper training on Photoshop! Until then please help!

I’m preparing a document for print using two spot colours. I would ideally like to use the embossing command but not entirely sure this is possible for spot colour. Due to the fact that the shadow (colour) seem to be made into either CMYK or RGB depending on which mode I’m in.

The background to my cover would be one spot colour (purple) and the text would be the other (black). I’ve pasted onto this a drawing from Freehand which I can then play around with using the layer styles, ideally the embossing command. The shadow (colour) of the embossed drawing hopefully would be the spot black (!!!!!!!)

It’s been a very long time since I’ve worked to a printer’s spec, so I apologise for my ignorance!

Thanking you advance,

Fi

Photoshop 7

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

RL
Robert_Levine
Mar 5, 2004
You can do this one of two ways.

1. Use a duotone with your two colors.

or

2. Create spot channels for the two colors.

The second seems like the choice you need but if the background is a solid color, I’d simply create a one color graphic of the text in monotone, create a clipping path around it and save as EPS.

Place that in your pagelayout.

If you’re using InDesign CS. Just save it as PSD.

Bob
SJ
Sandy_J
Mar 5, 2004
It sounds to me like the whole thing could be done in Freehand using a spot color and black and the elements placed in Pagemaker/InDesign/Quark.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections