Posted By
Scott
Feb 14, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I was hoping I might be able to get some input on what I’m doing incorrectly in this process.

I convert the work mode to monotone and apply single Pantone Color. > I’m unable save the work as a Photoshop PDF because the option for "Save as Transparency" is not available in Monotone work space. So instead I save as a native .psd file and place in Indesign which seems to work.>
When I view a PDF onscreen of the finished ID document things look fine, however, when I print it the colors are different – including the surrounding transparency area?

Converting to monotone work space must be the problem but I’m not sure how to go about this otherwise?

Thanks in advance,

SCott

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
bogus
Feb 14, 2005
You need to save file in DCS format. Look in the help files under Spot Color. Tells you everything.

Scott wrote:

Hi,

I was hoping I might be able to get some input on what I’m doing incorrectly in this process.

I convert the work mode to monotone and apply single Pantone Color. > I’m unable save the work as a Photoshop PDF because the option for "Save as Transparency" is not available in Monotone work space. So instead I save as a native .psd file and place in Indesign which seems to work.>
When I view a PDF onscreen of the finished ID document things look fine, however, when I print it the colors are different – including the surrounding transparency area?

Converting to monotone work space must be the problem but I’m not sure how to go about this otherwise?

Thanks in advance,

SCott
T
Tacit
Feb 15, 2005
In article ,
"Scott" wrote:

When you print it on what? A home desktop inkjet printer? Consumer-grade inkjet printers are incapable of printing spot colors.

The only way to see if the document prints the way you expect it to is to print separations to a black and white PostScript laser printer. It makes no difference what the spot color looks like on your screen or on a consumer-grade color printer; your printing press operator will use the ink you specify to print that plate.

Art, photography, shareware, polyamory, kink, and more!
www.xeromag.com/franklin.html

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections